Bingoonline.us is a responsible casino content website and we are committed to creating a safe and enjoyable online casino environment for our valued players. We truly believe that online gambling should always be considered as a form of entertainment and we feel obliged to encourage the users of this website to gamble safely. This page covers various measures that we have in place to ensure that our users play responsibly and enjoy their experience.
Warning Signs of Problem Gambling
We’re listing some signs of problem gambling to which you should look into closely. If you happen to notice any of them in your own behaviour – don’t ignore them and ask for help. You can find the list of support organisations on the bottom of the page.
- Spending more money and time on gambling activities than you can afford
- Gambling interferes with your work and private life, as well as your responsibilities
- Borrowing money to gamble
- Considering gambling as a way to distract yourself from your everyday problems
- Gambling under influence of alcohol and other substances
- Lying about gambling to friends and family
- Gambling that causes health problems, stress or anxiety
Helpful Tips to Practise Responsible Gambling
- Online gambling has ONLY entertainment purposes – it can never be considered as a source of income
- The time spent on gambling activities should be limited – set up your limits and stick to that time no matter if you are winning or losing
- Know your funds. Set a maximum budget and do not change it even if you win more than you were hoping to.
- Understand the games and the odds – remember that losing is a part of the game
- Make sure you are playing for fun and it doesn’t affect your personal life
- You should never borrow money to gamble – avoid credit, loans or borrowing from others
Where Can You Find Help?
If you require more information or help to treat a gambling problem, please visit the websites below. They specialise in responsible gambling support and gambling addiction cures.
National Council on Problem Gambling
NCPG offers confidential help, the hotline is open 24 hours and is available for everyone who struggles with problem gambling. On this website you will also find particular help centres available in the respective states (US).
GamCare provides support, information and advice to anyone suffering through a gambling problem. For more information and responsible gambling information at GamCare – click here.
Gambling Therapy is a free online service and mobile app that provides advice and support to people affected by problem gambling. Find out more and visit the website here.
On this website you’ll find advice and get access to free, confidential help by phone or online. You can learn about how gambling works, check if you or someone you know may have a gambling problem and find tips on how to stay in control. Visit the website.
How Can You Stay in Control?
There are certain tools designed to keep gambling fun and prevent problem gambling.
Limit your deposits for a particular period of time – a day, week or month, depending on you – so you can cap the amount you put into your account. Every operator will have a feature to set specific limits or controls to help players keep in control their spending.
Taking a break from the game can be really helpful. Take a set time away from the operator by setting a cool-off period between 1 and 30 days. The operators shouldn’t communicate to you with any marketing-related offers, including sign-up bonuses or free spins.
Every player should have an option to self-exclude themselves from online gambling activities. Operators are required to provide players with this ability. You can set different time limits – usually from 1 year to permanently. The operators, then, will suspend marketing and emails for the duration of the chosen period.
Social Media Break
Stop following gambling operators on social media – you will stay away from unwanted casino bonuses or sports tipster pages.
Gambling Blocking Software
Apart from other above-mentioned measures, there is a number of tools that you can install on your computer or mobile devices to block access to gambling websites. Check these sites out: Betfilter, Gamblock or PlayScan.
Illegal Gambling: Protecting Children and Under 18s
We want to prevent underage people from gambling or accessing online gambling websites – both activities are illegal!
Gambling operators have strict processes to verify age and identity using KYC and Bank-ID processes. Companies are not allowed by law to advertise gambling in any ways that might be appealing to children and under 18s. However, there are extra steps that can be taken in order to stop popularising gambling among the young audience:
– Never glamourize gambling to anyone under the legal age
– Never use the “remember password” option when accessing online gambling products
– Never share your credit card or bank account details with anyone under 18
– Use separate profiles when multiple people have access to one computer